Website usage terms and conditions
The term 'POCSmom' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose office is 2005 Merrick Road, #194, Merrick, NY 11566. The term “Website” refers to our website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license, without the right to sublicense, to access and use all information, content and materials provided on this Website (collectively, the "Information") solely for your own lawful, personal, non-commercial use. We may terminate this license without notice at any time and for any, or no, reason.
All rights not expressly granted are reserved. There are no implied rights. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree:
1. not to alter or remove any logos, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary notices appearing on this Website or in the Information.
2. not to alter, modify, reproduce, distribute, frame or otherwise commercially exploit any Information appearing on this Website. This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, and appearance. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Internet Copyright Notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. not to reverse, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discern the source code or architecture of the components of the Website, or any information about usage or users. User may not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to access, monitor or copy this Website except for the purpose of listing this Website in search engines.
4. not to (without our prior written permission) post, transmit, copy, download, store, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, sublicense, create derivative works from or otherwise use this Website, or any portion thereof, in any form or by any means except as expressly permitted by this Agreement.
5. not to use the logo and / or “POCS” used on this Website without our prior written permission.
Internet Copyright Notice
This Website and its Information is copyright of POCSmom - © 2010 POCSmom. 2005 Merrick Road, #194, Merrick, NY 11566. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the Information in any form is prohibited other than the following:
1. you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
2. you may copy the Information to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge this Website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the Information. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Permission is granted to news media for brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OMISSIONS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR RELIABILITY. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN INFORMATION THROUGH, THIS WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
WE DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BOTH THIS WEBSITE AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES DELIVERED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, (B) THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT OR SERVICES THEREIN THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEBSITE, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR (D) USER'S USE OF EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH ACCESS AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
No representations, warranties, or guarantees of any type or kind are made with respect to this Website and/or Information. All warranties, whether statutory, express or implied are hereby disclaimed.
1. The Information is provided by us and while we endeavour to keep the Information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability, timeliness, or availability with respect to this Website or the Information, products, or services contained on this Website for any purpose.
2. This Website may include certain errors, omissions, inaccuracies or typographical errors that may affect the quality of the Information. Any reliance you place on such Information is therefore strictly at your own risk. If you find an error, omission or bad link on this Website, please contact us at with a description of the error and its location.
3. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
4. The content of the pages of this Website is subject to change without notice.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR: (i) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (iii) FOR INTERRUPTION OF USE OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA;
In no event shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, extraordinary, exemplary, punitive, special, consequential, incidental, damages arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue use of this Website.
1. You acknowledge that such Information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. 2. Your use of any Information or materials on this Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable including but not limited to any difficulties resulting from any Information or suggestion, or from your use or reliance.
3. POCS Survival Stories are works of fiction. Any similarity to specific individuals living or dead and actual events is coincidental.
4. This Website does not claim to offer legal or professional advice. You may want to consult a professional concerning your own unique circumstances.
5. Your use of this Website and any dispute arising out of such use of this Website is subject to the laws of the state of New York, USA. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Nassau County, NY.
6. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Any failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless agreed to in writing. These Terms set forth the entire agreement with respect to the Information and Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our agents harmless from any and all claims, costs, damages, judgments, and liabilities (including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and costs) made by any third party and arising from your use of or access to this Website, any of your violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, or the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Links to other websites
Through this Website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under our control. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information and do not signify our endorsement. Once you have used these links to leave our Website, we have no control over the nature, content and availability of the linked site. Such sites are not governed by the terms of this agreement. We have no responsibility and we disclaim any liability to you and you agree not hold us responsible while visiting and using such sites. These links, associated images and terms are the property of those other sites.
Your privacy is very important to us. When you communicate with us, we do not sell, share or lease your information with outside parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email or other address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize this Website according to your interests. You may opt out from receiving information at any time by writing to or emailing us at .
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies can help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We may change our policy at any time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 12, 2010.
Questions about the above should be sent to .